The amazing hummingbird symbolizes many things:
- It is regarded as a messenger and a guardian of time because of its incredible speed.
- It represents love, joy and beauty.
- Because it has the ability to fly backwards suggests that we are able to remember the past while at the same time we should not dwell there but look forward to the future.
- The hummingbird moves from flower to flower sipping sweet nectar, which suggests that we too should savor each moment and appreciate the blessings we have.
- It has a powerful spiritual significance.
- It is a creature that captivates our hearts. Just as you are amazed when you see it, you should marvel at creation around us everywhere.
- With this image in mind, we are reminded to grasp the wonder of beauty.
- Our lives should be sensitive to the paradise of delightful flowers, scents, tastes, and laughter. We are encouraged to enjoy and appreciate all creation, and above all the gift of being alive in the present moment.
- It teaches us how be fiercely independent but in a positive manner such that we cause no injury to others.
- It teaches us to be courageous and how to communicate without violence toward ourselves and others.
- In watching these birds, they appear almost tireless.
- They are always actively seeking out the sweetest nectar. This reminds us that we should always look for the good in life and for the beauty in each day.
- These birds are amazing migrants, with some species traveling up to 2,000 miles (3300 km) to reach their destination. This should remind us to persist in the search of our dreams and to apply the determination of the hummingbird as we live out our lives.